Peyton Manning Told Close Friends he Expects to Retire
By Austin Knoblauch | NFL.com
NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reaffirmed that scenario during an appearance on NFL Network’s Super Bowl Live on Monday.
“The reality is he let the cat out of the bag a little bit,” Rapoport said. “I also know he has told close friends that he expects this to be his last game as well.”
Manning, however, didn’t reveal anything on Super Bowl 50 Media Night in San Jose on Monday. When asked by NFL Media’s Marshall Faulk if he was planning to retire after the Super Bowl, Manning said he “don’t know the answer to that question right now.”
The question is: When will Manning announce his retirement? Could it come immediately after theSuper Bowl or will it be weeks later?
No one seems to know for sure — except for Peyton.
- DeAngelo Williams Donates 53 Mammograms in Honor of Mother
- Former NFL QB Tim Tebow Makes Minor League Baseball Debut
- Hall of Fame Game Canceled Due to Field Concerns
- Broncos Rookie Paxton Lynch: I can play right away
- Ryan Shazier Beats Steelers Wideouts in Foot Race
- Richard Sherman on Roger Goodell’s Proposal: ‘He’s just a suit’
- Calvin Johnson Retiring From NFL, Lions Announce
- Peyton Manning Makes Call To Retire After 18-Year Career
- Rival DC: Colin Kaepernick a ‘nightmare’ in Chip’s O
- Ken Griffey Jr. (99 percent of vote), Mike Piazza head to Cooperstown